Setting Up a Realistic No Gym Needed Workout Routine
A sample routine you could use would look like this:
- Monday — 30-minute Walk or Run with Intentional Breathing.
- Tuesday — Cardio Circuit Training with as many of these as you can accomplish in the time frame (adding in 15-second breaks as needed): 20 Squats; 15 Lunges; 35 Jumping Jacks; 25 Crunches; Wall-Sit: 25 seconds; 5 Push-Ups; 10 Sit-Ups; 25 Calf Raises.
- Wednesday — Core Work with Yoga (any online course)
- Thursday — Cardio Circuit Training with as many of these as you can accomplish in the time frame (adding in 15-second breaks as needed): 20 Squats; 15 Lunges; 35 Jumping Jacks; 25 Crunches; Wall-Sit: 25 seconds; 5 Push-Ups; 10 Sit-Ups; 25 Calf Raises.
- Friday — 30-minute Walk or Run Saturday — 1 hour of fun active time
- Sunday — Rest
Workout Routine Ideas
If you have a specific area that needs to be toned or want to challenge yourself further, here are some fantastic routines that can help you spice it up, feel the burn, and see results!
You want to ingest something with protein, carbs, and fat to encourage muscle development and keep your energy running post-workout! Having a small meal or snack planned for after your workout will keep your glucose levels intact. And to keep your body at an optimal level, continue having a small protein-based meal every 3-4 hours throughout the day.
Some sample optimal meals are —
- Whole-wheat pita, peppers, and hummus
- Grilled chicken breast with veggie and brown rice
- Two-egg omelet with vegetables or salsa, cheese, and greek yogurt
- Tuna or chicken salad sandwich with whole-grain bread
- Oatmeal bowl with bananas and almond butter
- Greek yogurt parfait or chia bowl with fruit and granola
- Organic cereal with almond milk
As you create your new no gym workout routine, we hope that this guide helps you kickstart a sustainable lifestyle without getting bored or having a rigorous membership to keep up with!
Remember to have fun and keep your focus on making healthy choices to last a lifetime!